Sunday, January 8, 2012

Crockpot Lemony Mushroom Chicken and Rice

This is just one of those meals that I whipped up on a whim when I am bored and nothing in my cookbooks appeal to me. I love the tang of lemons, so I decided, Why Not? Yum! Serves 4.

3 chicken breasts, cubed
1 cup uncooked rice, white or brown
1 can black eyed peas, drained
1 can mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp parsley

Mix up the lemon, cream of mushroom soup, minced garlic, black pepper, paprika and parsley right in the crock. Add the mushrooms, rice and black eyed peas, mix well. Finally add the chicken on top, dust with black pepper, paprika and parsley. Now mix everything together, making sure everything is coated. Cook on high about 6 hours or low about 8 hours.

Delicious, different and simple! Great for busy mommy days when you just don't have enough time to cook. I like to serve this with a side of broccoli, or any steamed vegetable. About 9 points a serving. Help yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment