Monday, July 23, 2012

My Crockpot Brown Sugar Chicken

Of course I had time and practicality on my mind when I threw this together. This is a twist on the old standby, Brown Sugar Chicken. It is delicious and I promise your kids will like it's savory sweet taste. Serves 6.

1 pound chicken breasts, diced
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp black pepper
dash of red pepper flakes, to taste
1 tsp ginger powder
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water with 2 tbsp cornstarch mixed in

Spray crock with nonstick spray. 

Lay the chicken, onions and garlic on the bottom. Dump in the brown sugar and mix together well. Add in the black pepper, red pepper flakes and ginger powder. Mix well, making sure everything is coated well. Lastly, add the soy sauce and vinegar, mix, and put lid on. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. When done, add the water and cornstarch mixture, stir well, and replace lid to let sit and thicken for about 10 minutes. 

Serve and enjoy! I personally serve with rice and a side of steamed veggies. About 5 points per serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment