Monday, July 30, 2012

Crockpot Chili Mac

You can tell I've been really busy. I've been using my crockpot so often! Well, I love chili mac and it's one of my favorite foods. So I decided to make it in a crockpot, busy mom that I am. Super yummy!!! Serves 6.

1 pound pasta of your choice (I used spaghetti)
1 pound lean ground beef
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 onions, chopped
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (more or less)
1 packet chili powder mix
1 cup sugar
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
Parmesan cheese to taste

Prepare pasta according to box directions. Set aside.

Spray a pan with nonstick spray and saute 1 onion and the garlic for a couple minutes. Add the beef and brown. Add half of the chili mix packet, the red pepper flakes and half of the sugar. Brown for about 5 more minutes, letting everything incorporate and mixing well. Put the beef in the crock when done.

Pour in all the tomatoes, the rest of the sugar and chili packet. Mix together well. Cook for 6 hours on low and 4 hours on high.

Serve on top of the pasta and, if you so desire, top with some of the reserved chopped onions and some Parmesan cheese. Super good! I totally love this, really. And it is only 10 points a serving. Really!

I like to serve it with Garlic Bread on the side!

No comments:

Post a Comment