Thursday, December 22, 2011

Crockpot Sugar-Rubbed Pineapple Ham

I've been posting a lot of crockpot meals lately. We have been so busy because of the holiday season that some days I have little time to prepare meals. That is why I love my crockpot so much! Makes things so much easier for me. Other mommies can agree that time is scarce when you have kids. Now this recipe is so simple and quick, it's unbelievable. Plus it tastes so good! Serves 16.

1 4 pound Ham (I used Black Forest Ham)
1/2 cup brown sugar (more or less)
1 can pineapple chunks in it's own juice

Rub the ham all over with the brown sugar. Set in the crockpot and pour some of the pineapple juice over it. Arrange the pineapple chunks around it, like so.


Since it was going to cook in the crock and that meant moist and juicy, I stuck 2 quartered sweet potatoes all around the ham. Poured a little bit of the pineapple juice on them too.


Cook for 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low. And Serve! It's is so amazing, and the sweet potatoes are nice and tender with a slight hint of pineapple taste! Only 3 points per serving too! Enjoy, and I mean it!

Sliced Ham with the Sweet Potatoes in the background

No comments:

Post a Comment