Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sweet Banana Pockets

I had some leftover Pie Crust Dough and I didn't want it to go to waste, so I thought, "Hmm, what can I do to use this up?" I looked around my kitchen and saw some bananas and figured I could probably make it work. And it did! The family loved it! I had enough dough for 2 pockets, but generally 1 pie crust is equal to 4 pockets.

Make Pie Crust like this.

For the filling:

1 sliced banana per pocket
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar

Mix the cinnamon, nutmeg, flour and sugar in a bowl. Add however many bananas you will need. If you are making 4 pockets, you will need 4 bananas. Mix them up well. Spoon out onto rolled out dough. Fold dough over and crimp edges to make a pocket. You can use a fork to press down on the edges to make it all even.

Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray and put pockets on it. Spray pockets with nonstick spray. Stick into a preheated 350F oven for about 45 minutes. And done!



About 6 points per pocket. Not too bad!




No comments:

Post a Comment