Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pizza Pasta

I was supposed to make Pizza for dinner, but for some reason the dough didn't work out too well. I should have just made the dough from scratch and not out of a box! Well anyway, I had to make dinner quick, and I had a bunch of stuff I chopped for Pizza toppings. So I made pasta instead! And what do you know, it was a hit, the family ate it all up and wanted more! It's a keeper! Serves 6.

6 sausages, chopped small (your choice)
1 bell pepper, chopped (your choice color)
4 fresh mushrooms, sliced thin (add more if you wish)
2 8-oz cans tomato sauce
2 tbsp parsley
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 16-oz box rotini pasta

Preheat oven to 375F.

Prepare pasta according to box directions.

While pasta is boiling, spray a pot with nonstick spray. Saute the sausages, bell pepper and mushrooms all together for about 3 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, black pepper, red pepper flakes and sugar. Mix well and let it simmer for a few minutes.

Drain your rotini noodles and add them into the pot with the sauce. Mix it up real well. Pour into a casserole dish sprayed with nonstick spray and top with the mozzarella cheese. Pop into the oven. Bake for about 30 minutes.

Only 8 points a serving! It's really tasty! Your kids will love it, I am sure!



No comments:

Post a Comment