Friday, October 7, 2011

Peach Molasses Pie

I bought another box of organic peaches at Costco, so of course I will need to use them up before they get all moldy. So since I had some leftover dough wrapped in cling wrap in the fridge, I decided to make a pie. Nothing like good old-fashioned Molasses to liven up flavors. And, boy, is it good. This is my daughter Peanut's favorite pie. Serves 8.

4 peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
6 tbsp flour
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp molasses
1 tsp cinnamon
1 9-inch pie shell

Preheat oven to 350F.

Make a pie shell, like this.

Get your sliced peaches, and add your flour, sugar, cinnamon and molasses. Mix that up real well.

Spoon into your pie shell. If there is any excess liquid, do not include. Just enough to keep it moist.


Cover the top with another freshly rolled crust. I cut the holes for decoration and for steam to escape. Pinch edges to seal together. Brush top with oil to keep everything nice and flaky as it bakes.


Bake for about 45-60 minutes, checking to see if crust is done. Take it out of the oven when it is!

8 points a slice! Makes a great dessert!


No comments:

Post a Comment